The Village of South Vienna is governed by an elected mayor supported by an elected village council. An elected public affairs committee oversees the village utilities. The seat of government is the municipal building on Main St, constructed in 1998. This building provides space for monthly council meetings, as well as offices for the mayor and village services.
The village provides municipal water and sewer service, electricity through a cooperative exchange, and also operates a police department and a park. Schools are part of the Northeastern local school district in Clark County, with Pre-K through 12th grade education in the village.
Situated adjacent to Interstate 70, South Vienna has excellent access to the Columbus, Springfield, and Dayton areas.
The village was laid out in 1833 by John H. Dynes. Over the next few years the National Road was laid nearby and the village became established. Originally named simply Vienna, the name was changed to Vienna Crossroads in 1840 and finally South Vienna in 1909. Our agricultural heritage is celebrated every year with our local Corn Festival!
For assistance with utility hook up call 937-568-4311 Ext 13 or 16
Feel free to visit a council meeting as well.
Copyright © 2021 Village of South Vienna - All Rights Reserved.